Sunday, January 31, 2010
JDO said "you're not going to take a picture with all the junk in it are you?". Sho-nough. This is a work in progress and you get to see it in all its glory, aren't you thrilled! There's still a lot of work that needs to be done but you get the idea. We (used loosely) need to reinforce the tall end with a couple of pieces of rebar for safety's sake, and fill the holes in the cinder blocks under the plants with dirt. The the whole thing needs to be filled with dirt - that's a lot of dirt.
I did this yesterday in the rain because I had the sudden urge (it strikes me quite frequently and at unexpected moments) to be outside in the garden. Right now there is no dry spot to sit so the only other option, short of wandering around staring blankly at the dirt, was to actually do something. So, I got a little wet, and muddy, and a little sore. I also transplanted my weeping pussy willow into a spot that I had just moved a huckleberry from. This willow will eventually cascade over my planned water feature.
Two posts are now in for the rose arbor. That's a total of six bags of concrete (cement if you want to be technical, it has fewer rocks I was told) at 66 lbs each equaling a combined total of 396 lbs. All done by me! Only one more to go and then I need to do some serious transplanting.