Saturday, October 29, 2011

Godey's Images

I was just given a series of Godey's 1870 Fashion Plates from a friend.  She and her sister had ordered them through the McCall's pattern company as teenagers, I refrained from asking the year - she has grown children.  The Fahsion Plates recently resurfaced as she was cleaning and reorganizing, and she immediately thought of me, and that I would enjoy them.  I love them and have plans to purchase better frames, the ones they were in did a good job of protecting them, but they're falling apart.  Now I just need to decide where to hang them, my sewing room (short of wall space but I could make room), or my guest room (definitely history inspired but again a little short on wall space)?  I am leaning toward hanging them in the guest room as I am in there frequently, and then any guests could enjoy them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment