Friday, June 3, 2011

Spinning

I am still here and quite busy.  We've had a lot going on for a month or so, including a wonderful visit from family.  I have also picked up a new hobby.  Thanks to a wonderful friend, and enabler I have my own spinning wheel now and am learning to spin.  I started with a drop spindle last year:

A spindle works for creating yarn, but I find the process rather slow.  I have dreamed of owning a spinning wheel for quite a while and never really thought that I'd get one.  Enter wonderful friend who happened to find a wheel for me at a garage sale - and I wasn't really thinking of getting one at the time.  I picked it up on a Monday afternoon and took it with us as we went out of town.  It's a Lendrum wheel (made here in Canada) and she spins like a dream, she's been named Lizzy.  Here's a brief spinning demonstration that was done at my quilting group on a Thursday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment