Sunday, November 21, 2010

Commisioned Baby Quilt



I was asked by a friend of a friend to make a baby quilt for her one month old nephew. This is the first quilt that I have been commisioned to make and it has been a little bit of a nerve wracking experience. First of all, quilting fabric is expensive here in the Vancouver area, is she ready for the cost of the fabric? Second, she left me with the choice of pattern etc., will it be what she hoped? I was assured by my friend that the cost would be ok and that what ever I chose would be fine as well. So I went ahead and it really cam out quite cute. I also had to make up an invoice for the bill. That was a first as well. (The ladies that I sew for at church are ok with me just giving them a total. Oh well.) So, here's the quilt. The poem on the label on the back says:


It's Your Quilt
It's OK if you sit on your quilt.
It's OK if your bottle gets spilt,
If you swallow some air and you burp, don't despair;
It's OK if you spit on your quilt.

There are scraps old and new on your quilt,
Put together for you on your quilt.
If your gums feel numb cause your teeth haven't come,
It's OK if you chew on your quilt.

We expect you to lie on your quilt.
If you're hurt, you may cry on your quilt.
On a cold rainy night, don't you fret, you're all right,
You'll be snug, warm and dry on your quilt.










No comments:

Post a Comment