Saturday, September 24, 2011

Confederate Enlisted Frock Coat

Whew!  I'm not sure what is wrong with Blogger this morning, but it has taken me nearly an hour to upload these two photos.  Everything else on the computer seems to be just fine, the only problem is my connection with Blogger.  Go figure.

So, here is the Confederate Enlisted Frock Coat that I finished for my brother last month.  I am so pleased with how it came out, and more in how it fits.  Ben loves it, and has planned to do the topstitching and buttonholes himself.  It is made of a gray/tan jean wool with navy wool collar and cuffs.  Lined with cotton and wool breast pads (shown in the bottom photo).  Now that I have successfully finished Ben's I may be a little more inclined to tackle a Civilian Frock for hubby.  However, I must complete pants, shirt, vest, and drawers first.

No comments:

Post a Comment